Thursday, March 8, 2012

Tinseltown's Tinsel Teeth

Seeing pictures of celebs with braces is not something you come across often.  That's why I was really surprised to see these pictures.  I guess what amazes me about it, is that with all the resources these celebs have... I would've thought they would choose something more discreet to fix their teeth, but they decided to do it the old fashioned way.  It's like seeing a billionaire shopping at the 99cent store (not that there's anything wrong with the 99cent store, or braces for that matter).  I actually love the 99cent store... and I prefer braces over veneers, or some of the other methods that are popular in Hollywood for fixing a smile.  I know that for a lot celebs braces are not an option--between their busy schedules, and the fact that they are in a profession that stresses the importance of image... but for me, seeing these celebs with braces shows their real side... with flaws, and not just perfect out of the box people-- and the fact that they have chosen braces, says they're not afraid to show that.  :-#


    
 Tom Cruise


 Gwen Stefani


Danny Glover


Alyssa Milano


Nicholas Cage


Dwight Howard


Cindy Crawford


Faye Dunaway


Sean Paul

2 comments:

  1. I know this was posted several months ago, but still would like to comment. I don't think Invisalign and a lot of other things were around when Gwen Stefani had those braces in 2000. Invisalign was first introduced to dentists in 1998, so maybe it wasn't that available yet. Besides, I don't think she was as wealthy as she is now. I've always read that some jaw and tooth problems can only be fixed with traditional braces, outside of surgery (getting your jaw broken. Even after, braces are worn for a short time after that). Most people don't want to remove their teeth and replace them with big chiclet looking veneers. They would rather maintain their own teeth. If they have no major issues, why have your teeth removed to replace with something else, which is what most "celebrities" do nowadays. Tom Cruise and Alyssa Milano are only wearing a retainer, something they can remove as often as they desire. I do wonder why people as old as Danny Glover and Faye Dunaway would bother with braces. It would seem that it wouldn't be safe at that age to move the teeth around much, without risking loosening them for good. Braces have been around for years, and I think it's just something people feel most comfortable with due to how long they have been around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As far as Danny Glover and Faye Dunaway go... I guess it's never too late to fix your smile. My orthodontist told me that her oldest patient was 80 years old! I say go for it! It's your smile. I've been a fan of Gwen Stefani for years... I know she may have a lot more money now than she did back then, but I'm pretty sure if Invisalign was available back then, she would have had more than enough money to cover the cost of if she wanted it. Besides, her style is kind of quirky, I totally see her rocking braces over Invisalign any day (just check out the way she's cheesing in the picture... not at all self-conscious about them). I totally agree with you about the veneers... I would much rather have my own teeth fixed too... but I do realize that for celebrities, this is a business, and their appearance is a big part of that.

    ReplyDelete