Monday, April 16, 2012

I'm B-a-a-a-c-k! Present Update

I am back from California...

Had the orthodontic molds taken.  My appointment was painless and quick (under an hour).  There I sat between 2 children... coincidentally, they were both getting impressions for retainers too.  Before they mold you, they ask you what flavor you would prefer.  It was funny because each assistant working on the each of us asked what flavor we would like... one after the other... in the order of kid #1, kid #2, and then me... the adult.  So if you can imagine:

Assistant to cute little girl 1:

"What flavor would you like sweetie?  We have fruit punch or cherry.
"Fruit punch!"

Other Assistant to other cute little girl 2:

"Ok honey, we have fruit punch and cherry... what'll it be?
"Mmmmm... fruit punch, please!

Other assistant to ridiculously cute 32 year old girl:

"And what flavor would you like (smiling and laughing)!  Or does it matter?!
"Do you have bubblegum flavor?
"No, sorry (still laughing).
"Uh, yeah then... I'll take the fruit punch too... (smiling)."

You had to be there... it was a pretty funny moment!

Getting the orthodontic molds taken was a breeze... for me.  The little girl to my left was having a hard time... she seemed to be complaining of pain.  Not sure what may have been causing her pain, but I know for some people, the molds are uncomfortable.  Maybe she was experiencing some tooth sensitivity?  I felt sorry for her :(

Right before my molds were taken, the assistant removed my wires... and then I did the usual floss and brush... while I was doing that, I noticed that my two front teeth were overlapping slightly.  I brought it to my orthodontist's attention... she said that the powerchain that I had up there was too much... well... Power, I guess.  So she put ligatures on instead... saying that it should relax the teeth back into place.  She then told me that if that problem is corrected in the next few weeks to a month I should be able to have my braces removed.  Now that this new problem has been revealed, I am cautiously optimistic :-#

1 comment:

  1. If you are looking for Invisible braces in Nagpur or Invisalign Braces then Dr. Jamila is the best orthodontist in Nagpur who offers best treatment.

    ReplyDelete